Honda Motor Company is a large international corporation originally from Japan, a well-known manufacturer of high-quality automotive and motorcycle equipment.
The name of the corporation was given by its founder, Soichiro Honda. The father of the future automaker owned a small family business – he was engaged in the repair and sale of old bicycles. Soichiro was always with his father since childhood, and was fond of bicycles and how they are designed. In his younger years the teenager got a job in a car workshop as a handyman. The owner liked the diligence of the young assistant so much that he began to entrust him with more and more difficult tasks. For example Soichiro participated in the assembly of a racing car which subsequently came first in the competition making an excellent advertisement for a car repair shop.
Later at the age of 32, Soichiro registered his own business choosing the name Tokai Seiki Heavy Industry. The business was focused on the production of automotive components. The main part of the products was created according to the patents of the owner of the company. For a fairly long life (91 years) Soichiro has developed and registered hundreds of unique innovations.
Unfortunately at the end of the Second World War Soichiro’s business was almost destroyed, Honda was on the verge of bankruptcy but did not give up. His new offspring, the Honda Technical Research Institute, was renamed to Honda Motor Company in 1948. With the arrival of two new people in the company the history of the brand began to develop in a new way. These people were CFO Takeo Fujisawa and engineer Kiyoshi Kawashima.
Re-profiled the manufacturer started producing motorcycles. One of the models – Dream – became so popular that Honda Motor Company’s business went up. In 1955 a massive expansion took place and Honda transformed into the largest motorcycle manufacturer in Japan. An important role in the development and recognition of the brand was played by constant prizes in motorcycle racing – an ideal advertisement that strengthened Honda’s position in the domestic and foreign markets.
In the mid-60s the company opened subsidiaries in Germany and the United States. During this period a subdivision Honda R&D Co., Ltd appeared. It’s a special institution whose main task was market research.
In 1963 the company started car manufacturing. The first development was the sports model S500. The success of the project inspired Honda to expand its lineup. After 15 years the first version of the Civic model, which is still popular today, was released.
Today Honda Motor Company produces not only motorcycles and cars but also small aircraft, boats, a variety of engine models and specialized equipment.
The most famous Honda motorcycle models
Speaking of motorcycles it’s worth mentioning there are a lot of categories of bikes. And in almost every group Japanese technology occupies a leading position. Honda Motor Company is no exception. Today the manufacturer produces not only motorcycles but also spare parts and high-quality equipment for bikers.
We present you the best and most famous Honda models in different moto categories:
- The NC700S is the clear winner in the Classic Style Bikes category. This is a true classic, featuring a modern design, sleek lines and a host of technological innovations.
- In the Supersport section the CBR 1000RR Fireblade takes the lead. This motorcycle features an incredibly powerful engine and lightning-fast acceleration.
- The Sport Touring class represents the VFR 1200F. The model is distinguished by increased comfort in seat, as well as an abundance of excellent aerodynamic “features”.
- Ideal for long journeys the Honda Gold Wing 1800 F6B. A powerful and reliable motorcycle that will delight lovers of tourism.
- When it comes to off-road motorcycles the CRF 450X motocross bike is clearly in the lead. It behaves well on different types of surfaces and is an excellent combination of the latest technologies.
- Among cruisers the development of the VT1300 CX Fury stands out.
- Choosing from universal models we recommend a fresh solution from Honda – VFR 1200X Crosstourer. The combination of the latest technologies, affordable cost and the ability to implement tasks of different levels make this model convenient and multifunctional.
If you want more interesting content about powerful two-wheeled vehicles we advise downloading our app for motorcyclists CryptoMoto. Here you will find useful tips, but also a huge quantity of interesting materials, chats with moto badasses, upcoming events and much more. Just a couple of clicks and you are immersed in a special world of motorcyclists.